The Classification of Products in Marketing
IT chymes .
@ | Posted 21 Sep. 2017
Product Classification - Types of Products
- On the basis of Durability & Tangibility:
1. Durable Goods- gds which are long lasting-clothes, electronic
items, etc. 2. Non-durable Goods- gds which are not long lasting-vegetables,
eatables, drinks, cosmetics, day to day usage items like soap,
3. Services- Goods which are intangible, inseparable, variable and
perishable- haircuts, legal advice, appliance repairs, etc.
- Consumer Goods Classification:
1. Convenience Goods- goods purchased without any planning or
search effort- chocolates, biscuits, etc. Also emergency goods like
umbrella, raincoat, sweaters, etc.
2. Shopping Goods- goods purchased after enough search on such
basis as suitability, quality, price, style, fashion, etc.
3. Speciality Goods- gds having unique characteristics or brand
identification for which buyers are willing to make special
purchasing effort. Eg. Mercedes Benz.
4. Unsought Goods- goods about which the consumer is not much
aware of or does not normally think of buying- life insurance,
encyclopedia, smoke detectors, etc.
- Industrial Goods Classification:
1. Raw Material-
2. Unfinished Goods-
3. Finished Goods